Although we’re a non-profit with a mission to help advocate for mental health awareness, prevention and treatment of Post TBI/CTE, and reducing stigma surrounding mental illness, our goal with this internship is to build the relevant skillsets for your dream career after you graduate. We want to provide you with real-life work experience that can put on your résumé, that will give you an edge in the job market, and that will give you a return on your investment for your degree. Along with this work experience, all apprentices who successfully complete their apprenticeship will gain access to the CPMHA alumni network by becoming national ambassadors, as well as gain national recognition through a feature on our podcast. If fortunate enough to be accepted, you will be sent a curriculum that we will work around your academic schedule. Broadly speaking, this curriculum will require that you attend a weekly zoom meeting, as well as report to a team leader who will change on a biweekly basis.
WE ARE SEEKING SELF-MOTIVATED, HIGHLY QUALIFIED, STUDENTS FOR THESE POSITIONS. CLICK ON THE POSITION TITLE TO GO TO THE JOB DESCRIPTION PAGE:
- Public relations apprentice: Public Relations major
- Mental Health apprentice: Psychology major, Neuroscience/Neurology major, graduate school studies in psychology or psychiatry, Social Work major
- Program Coordination apprentice: Business administration major or related majors
- Nutritionist Apprentice: Dietetics major, Nutritional Science major, Integrative Nutritionist graduate studies,
- Nonprofit apprentice: Nonprofit Management major
- Legal apprentice: enrolled in at least first year of law school
- Journalism apprentice: Journalism major, English major
- Graphic design apprentice: Graphic Design major or related majors
- Executive assistant: Business majors, students pursuing an MBA degree
- Crowdfunding apprentice: Marketing major, Communications major
- Marketing apprentice: Marketing major, Communications major
As a CPMHA apprentice, you must be eager to excel in all aspects. If you’re not afraid of competition, and believe you are the best to represent your university, we encourage you to apply for this position. For 2021 Fall positions, we expect approximately 5,000 applicants from the country’s top universities, but can only take the top ten prospects for each major.
We want your academics and health to come first, so this apprenticeship requires 7-10 hours of work each week. All job descriptions and requirements will be posted. This apprenticeship is remote, unpaid, and complies with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Although this apprenticeship is unpaid, we provide you with real-life work experience that can put on your résumé, that will give you an edge in the job market, and that will give you a return on your investment for your degree. All apprentices who are accepted will be asked to sign a waiver that affirms that this is an unpaid apprenticeship. The TopGun program also offers college credit to any apprentices who are eligible and able to receive volunteer or internship credit in accordance with their university’s policies. All positions are open to only Juniors, Seniors, and graduate students. Applications are due by August 22nd, 2021, and we will be accepting applications on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Step 1: Fill out the information in the boxes below.
Step 2: Upload a cover letter that includes:
- A short bio.
- Why you think you’re the best of the best for your industry.
- How you will be passionate and committed if afforded this opportunity.
- If your GPA is slightly below our requirements, please explain why you are worthy of an exception, and would be an amazing member of the team.
Here are some helpful tips for your cover letter:
- what do you hope to learn from this apprenticeship?
- how will your particular skill set will be useful for this position?
- list any prior experiences you have working in a similar setting and how they might be useful here.
Next, upload a positive letter of recommendation from one of your professors or department heads/chair members stating why you are qualified to represent the university in this competitive program. We hope that your letters of recommendation can attest to your great attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
Step 3: Please follow us on any social media platforms that you have. This is strictly a test to see if your attention to detail meets our requirements, since it is part of the skill set that’s necessary to be a part of our team. Links to our social media are in the top right corner of this webpage
Please fill out the form below to submit your application